Monday, July 30, 2012

Everything but the Thesis



Today turned out to be busier than it was supposed to be. I was supposed to be home all day writing. BUT I had bought the new Olympic tickets and needed to go print off my confirmation emails so I could pick up my tickets. I don’t have a printer so it was off to Christies for me. Sigh. The tube was fine really. Nice and quiet like it always is in the afternoon. I have to admit though I wasn’t in central London or on the Central Line! (but I don’t ever take the central line. Ever) I got into school without a problem or any hassle. I tried to log into my account on the compy and couldn’t get it to work. I asked Traci if she had problems logging on. Apparently all the passwords got deleted so I had to go to the front desk and wait while the lady emailed IT. She told me it would take some time so I should go do something. Awesome. I had nothing I had to do so I wandered around and looked at books. Finally the IT emailed her back and I could get on the compy!

I printed out all of my stuff and headed out. Then I got to thinking that I should pick up my tickets since I was out. I ahd some options.. Horse Guard, Earls Court, and Wembley. I picked Horse Guards but when I got to the tube platform the next train was a Metropolitan line right to Wembley so I decided to go up there. The ticket office was easy to find and while I was standing in line I realized that I didn’t have my wallet with me which meant no official id. Crap. I decided to try it anyways and used my student id. It worked! Phew :)

I headed home and picked up my flat some because I couldn’t take it. I worked for two hours and got a good chunk done. I was so hungry so I made some rice and turned on the men’s gymnastics. Team GB hadn’t place in like 100 years and it came down to the last scores. When the coached started crying and they were more happy with their bronze than the Chinese were with their gold, I got all weepy and wasn’t paying attention. I had turned on the burner for the rice, but must had hit the other switch accidently too. I had a lid on the other hot thing and by the time I realized that I smelled something the Lid was on fire and the handle was melted off. Cool.

Tomorrow is the big day. Olympic event number one! Im off to Manchester to see the USAWNT play Korea. Im excited. I don’t know when Ill get to blog because ill be home at midnight, look at pictures and then the next day Im up and headed to Beach Vollyball all day! Phew! EXCITING! Look for me on tv! :)

P.S The picture is my collection of Olympic tickets!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So many tickets! Haha. Sorry to hear about your pan and I am also glad that you didn't burn your flat down!

    ReplyDelete