Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Thursday



Today it was back to waking up without an alarm! I slept blissfully until 10:15, got up and folded my laundry so I could get dressed. (It’s a long story but the basics are the laundry rack didn’t fit in the living room with the couch unfolded so I stuck it in my room and it was in front of my dresser.) Then I got dressed and went out to see what Al was up to. I ate a cookie for breakfast and headed to the package claiming center to get my…. OLYMPIC TICKETS for the USA vs Korea game! WOO! I ripped them open while I was waiting for the bus. I saw that I was in row AA and hoped that was a good time.

I came home and looked up the seating chart for Old Trafford. My tier was the closest one to the field, my seating block was the one dead center, and my row… THE FIRST! I think skipping class for football tickets was the best thing that I ever did! I am front row and dead center for this game too AND the best part is that Abby Wambach and co will DEF be there for this game!

After I got over that excitement I headed down to the post office and Al came with me. I mailed dads package (his pipe from that post forever go that I had to pick up) and two surprise packages. Then we headed to Sainsburys and I got the toilet paper that I had meant to get last night (I forgot in yesterdays post to mention I went to sainsburys to get toilet paper and instead came home with chocolate and no toilet paper!) He did his shopping and got the strangest assortment of items! We then headed home and I have been reading for my thesis.


I think I am narrowing down the subject and closing in on a topic. Now I am on the travel for leisure but looking at the picturesque/county houses/landscape of Britain. We shall see!

That was my afternoon. Al just opened a CAN of mac and cheese for dinner. I was very skeptical but it looks good actually and Al says that he may even get it again. I need to make dinner (tacos) and probably do some more work tonight so I can go print/copy stuff tomorrow!

I forgot… Sunday I when I went grocery shopping (with my wallet this time thankfully!) I got swarmed by people wanting things! The homeless guy who is always there wanted me to give him money (he is so nice and polite…. I should give him a pound sometime.), some other guy was handing out flyers, a girl shoved a spa flyer at me and then inside the food shelter gave me a list of food items that they accept and that I could buy and give them on the way out. GAH! I did get a bag of rice for the food shelter and ignored everyone else. On the way out a guy bombarded me and gave me a folder with the Olympic emblem on it. I have to say… I am glad I got it and I am really impressed with the Olympic committee! The folder was stuffed with travel tips for the Olympics, both for London and Brent! (Brent is my “borough”) It is really nice, informative and helpful. No one can complain about the transportation when they spell it out so clearly!

Well that’s all that is new here!

P.S Picture one is my Olympic ticket! and Picture two is a treat i got myself at Sainsburys... raspberries and double cream. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky!! Your tickets are awesome:). You had best wear something good because you will probably be on tv!

    Hope the thesis is coming along!

    ReplyDelete