Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Oops I forgot to Blog!



Sorry! Nothing really exciting has happened but both Monday and Tuesday had something more than just sitting and reading all day! Ill start with Monday….

After a weekend of sitting in my flat and tearing out my hair, I decided that I needed to get out and see the world so I would stay sane! (Well as sane and I can be at least!!) I thought I would cross something off of my London Bucket List. The V&A (sister and parents never remember so Ill just remind everyone that the V&A is the Victoria and Albert Museum) had just opened their new fashion galleries and I wanted to check them out! They are actually really well done. Kudos to the designer!! Its funny how I would wear certain things from the 20’s-40’s but as soon as you touch the 50’s-80’s…. ewww. Actually everything after the 60s (including the 90’s and the turn of the century were really interesting… not in a good way!) I saw Mr. Darcy clothes, Flapper dresses, prewar dresses, AND wool bathing suits! The style of the suits were actually ok… just the thoughts of wearing wool swimming. Doesn’t it get all soggy and saggy?? I would think so anyways!

The main exhibit of the permanent collection was free and was I wasn’t going to go to the Ball gown exhibit (it was 7 pounds) but when I was wandering through the clothes I was in the mood and decided to get a ticket. The exhibit was just ok mainly because the dress were…. eh. For me the bigger the skirt the better (that’s the fun part after all!! And it’s a BALL dress!) They were showing all different types (the horror!) There were SOME awesome ones, a few good ones and a whole lot of ugly ones. I did the clutch purse and shoe windows though! Upstairs was really awesome in terms of design and display. The dresses were up on these bubble things and dated from 2000 and onwards. They were the worst ones! What has happened to fashion??? Geez!

That was basically it for Monday! Yesterday (Tuesday) wasn’t all that exciting. I cleaned EVERYTHING, did the laundry, cleaned myself, and vacuumed. That actually took a lot of the day up! What really took the majority of the day was shopping for flights. Oh my goodness. It is NOT easy! All those “cheap” sites (expedia, cheapoair, kayak, skyscanner and holiday genie) were more expensive than the actual carrier sites. (except for Virgin Atlantic and American Airlines. Their prices were just CRAZY!) It was down to the 17th or the 21st. THEN I went to Aer Lingus (the Irish) One Last Time and ended up getting a flight cheaper to Boston and then a uber cheap (half the price of NYC-Buffalo) JetBlue flight. SO after all of that Ill be in Buffalo at 8pm on August 20th. Im so excited and Im so not!

That was pretty much all you missed Monday and Tuesday. I told you my life is boring! Oh and no email about a due date yet for my thesis. Why would they tell us something as insignificant as that??

P.S The photo is of the wool bathing suits! More on facebook for those who are interested (but none of the ballgowns are there because photos werent allowed)

No comments:

Post a Comment