Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Another Half Day!



Today was an easy day. I LOVE easy days!!! I set my alarm for 9:25, but got up at 10! Oops! I got my dishes done before I had to leave for class! That was SOMETHING at least! I went to class and got there 10 minutes early so I got read more of my current book (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. It’s a movie, but I wanted to read the book first which probably will movie for me. Oh well! I am sticking to my guns about reading the book BEFORE seeing the movie!)

Class was a cataloging revision day for decorative arts. Of course the entry format isn’t the same as paintings. That would be too easy. Silver, ceramics, and furniture even have differences among them. Gah. I have studying to do! I managed to not get called on until the LAST chair that we looked at. I HATE being put on the spot. I bs-ed my way through it and somehow managed to guess the right date for it. I was lucky! The session confused me more than helped me. That is Andrew for you though!

After class I went to the Sainsburys at Finchley Road because ALL I wanted in my life was a tea-strainer. I have a ton of lose tea and was using my French press to make my tea! I nearly jumped with joy when I found a tea strainer for 2 pounds. Who knew that something so little was SO exciting!

My night was also exciting because I had chicken wing dip for dinner for the SECOND night in a row! It was so yummy. I forgot how much I missed it! It was well worth the sacrifice of the ranch dressing. I didn’t put as much ranch in as I should have so I still have a wee bit left over. Im hoarding it to be honest!!

The last few days have been boring so you really haven’t missed anything! Just class, a cold, and taking unplanned naps that kill my schedule that I lay out for the night! Oops! I am getting excited about the Queens Jubilee. There are mixed reactions about it (the whole anti-monarch thing) but I think most people see it as a time to come together with neighbors and have street party to celebrate being British. Although I am NOT British I am still pumped. I am going to go to the river parade, and then Tuesday the royal family is going to way from the balcony of the palace. It will be a zoo but when am I ever going to do that again?? And I really want to see Kate and Will in person, no matter how far away I will be!!

I am also pumped for the Olympics! I got the womens soccer gold medal match ticket today. Im hoping that the USA pulls through. I am BEYOND pumped! I am going to sell back my quarter-final tickets. That game is in Manchester, and the gold medal match is right here in Wembley!

Ok well that is pretty much it! Im off to shower and go to bed early!

P.S the picture is me a wembley!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day. Chicken wing dip the thebest thing in the entire world! Yummy! I don't blame you for hoarding the ranch. Have you eaten your Doritos yet? And I am beyond jealous of your gold medal tickets! How awesome is that!!! You'll never get that experience again!!

    ReplyDelete