Thursday, May 3, 2012

Is It Friday Yet?



It was rough getting my Bee-Hind out of bed this morning. Gah. Somehow I did, got to school, and ate my cheerios. This morning lecture was on Impressionism and it was SO good. The lady (Kathy Adler) is one of the leading scholars on Impressionism (just google her if you dont believe me!) and she actually had a point to her lecture. It was amazing! I actually took notes too! Weird! She is coming back tomorrow for the second half which it the moving away from Impressionism lecture. Im pretty excited. Two days in a row of a lecture that has meaning.

After class we had the briefing for Paris. It sounds alright. To be honest Im not a huge fan of Paris, or the French for that matter so I could care less about this trip. But I got to go to Venice so I am not complaining! We went through quickly the basics of the trip and then it was lunch time. Lunch passes without anything exciting happening, and at 1:20 Isabel and I left to go to Christies at South Kensington to have a handling session.

The handling session was pretty cool. I held a LOT of stuff. My personal favorites… A Meissen group of figures estimated at 40,000-60,000 pounds, A Meissen Tea pot (I don’t know the price but it was so pretty!) A snuff box estimated at 20,000 pounds, and the icing on the cake…. A piece of Italian, Lustre-ware Maiolica made in 1524. Estimated price… 60,000-100,000 pounds. WHAT!! For a PLATE?? It was epic! I didn’t want to keep passing it! If only my bag was big enough… (im just kidding!)

After that exciting afternoon I came home and actually got a lot done for once. I am ready for it to be Friday!! And I am pumped that I have Monday off. (its about TIME there was a Bank Holiday!)

Im off to bed!!!

P.S the picture is of a field while we were sitting in traffic yesterday

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about your lector. And I can't believe that you held stuff that was that expensive!! Crazy!!

    Have fun on your holiday! I am jealous but I had a few while you didn't have any!!

    ReplyDelete