Monday, May 14, 2012



I slept in today because I had another day off!!! The other half of the group was off to Waddeston today so the Woburn group has a day off! I love 3 day weekends! I wish it was the standard! Anyways I slept in an slowly got ready for the day. I have been extremely lazy lately. I am in some need of motivation. Gah. Last night I realized that I had really EALLY messed up my awesome layout that I was making for my curatorial report. So… I had to go back to the stolen collection of the British Collection.

I decided to take the bus and look at the window and people watch. It was fun and I got to do nothing while kinda doing something (I was after all on a bus headed somewhere!) After an hour ride, I hopped off into a very wet environment (it really does always rain in London. Its not a lie) I headed the gallery and pused through annoying school groups full of teenagers and re-did my layout. Then I wandered around the gallery, trying to think of intelligent things to say about it. I hit up the bookstore for kicks and giggles and found a pamphlet on the gallery. It was originally 2 pounds but it was on sale for .70p! I snatched it up! On the bus ride home I read it all and learned a lot! It was a great investment! On the way to the bus I was in Bloomsbury and saw all the places that the Duke and Duchess own…. It was CRAZY!

I forgot to tell you all… at Woburn we were surrounded by the family’s coat of arms. Their motto is awesome and is going to be my motto for the next year/step of my life! Its Che Sara Sara. I did not realize that this was a song so I spent the better part of the tour trying to translate it from its Italian. I couldn’t decide if it was past tense or present tense form of essere, but I figured it out (and then they told us in the afternoon talk) that it means “what will be, will be” I wanted it tattooed on me. (Ok I really wish I was a fly on my parents wall right now. HAHAH!) No worries Mom and Dad… Ill never go through with it considering I have no idea where I would put it, or how I would survive a needle putting ink on me! If it was painless and temporary I would be ALL over it though!

One thing I have to get going on… stalking premieres. EVERY major film has had a premiere in London and I read about it the NEXT day in the papers. Do you need a ticket to such events or can you show up and stand in a crowd screaming your head off for free? I don’t want to watch the movie! Just see the famous people. Especially when Will and Kate go! I need to figure them out.

I feel like I am more boring than usual today, but I really just did some cleaning, emailing and procrastinating! My report is coming along, its just not where I want it to be! Tomorrow Im off to the Dulwich Gallery and then a silver handling session. Boo to silver.

P.S todays picture is a bit random... its me with a giant london easter egg!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I can not picture you with a tattoo! And that would be awesome if you could go to fillings and see famous people! Let us know how that works out.

    ReplyDelete