Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Again?


I think I start every post on Friday like this but… I LOVE Fridays! I was running late (like I am always am by the end of the week!) It was so cold outside that I practically jogged to the tube station so I ended up getting to school at my normal time! I guess the 30 degree temps are for good something! I guess its some of the coldest temps for Feb right now (and Feb is supposed to be the worst month of the year!) so even if its cold for awhile, it will only be until March. After 21 winters in WNY I can handle this! (I know Im 22, but I spent a winter in Rome so I needed to knock one off. Wait is this my 22nd winter in life or my 23rd? Hmm… ok either 20 or 21 winters then in WNY. Its a Friday at 9:45pm and I cant think)

The first class this morning…. I was mad that I got up for it. It was on the Industrial Revolution. Are you Freaking Kidding Me? Cant I get through SOME stage in my education that does NOT teach me the Industrial Revolution? Yes this lecture was about Britain’s, but it’s the same concept… machines speed up production, which makes things cheaper, which allows more people to buy them. We get it. Oh and you cant even have a British Industrial Revolution lecture without the Cotton Gin! Sigh.

After class I realized that instead of starting at 1:30, my theory class started at 2:30. Sigh. So I went downstairs and snagged a compy to do some work. I realized that the tea thesis would be crap… so I need to start thinking of a better idea. Four ex-master students have already done it according to the library. Sigh

My theory class was torture. I at least understood the Judith Butler text and what Michael Michael was saying about it. The second text (Lacan who is crazy) not so much. The “I feel dumb” feeling came rushing back! Im too tired to tell you what we talked about… perhaps tomorrow.

Im off to bed. Its late (11:15pm now. I got distracted writing and lost all of my motivation to keep going!) Off to bed!

P.S the picture is the sculpture I told you about yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment