Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Lame Day

Today was a struggle. I got up late again (but not as late as the day before!) and it just felt like I never woke up. I was in a daze. The whole time I was commuting to class I just thought how nice it would be to be home, watching stuff on the internet in pjs and with tea. I get to school and we are informed that our lecturer’s National Rail train broke down and he wouldn’t be in for another hour. GAH! I was half awake and grumpy that I was sitting in the common room until 11. I read (which made me more tired) and then finally he came. The lecture was on Inigo Jones the 17th century English architect. I perked up fast.. I really like his work and style. If I could design my own house, I would use his drawings. (I guess I wouldn’t actually be the one designing then!) Then the lecturer started reading his entire presentation and flipped through slides quickly…. I had a hard time staying awake. I learned nothing. At all.

The afternoon class was supposed to be fast. An hour usually.. the worst we have ever had is an hour and a half. Of the three people who went today, two of them took an hour. We are supposed to take 20 minutes. I was so restless and my professor was sitting right behind me so I could doodle or anything. It was torture. During questions I wanted to raise my hand and ask them why they needed so many examples to not make a point, but didn’t want to be evil. They really didn’t have a point. I don’t understand! The last girl did, and she took 20 minutes. The other two just showed every example under their subject (for ex. Children, and royal portraits) They had no thesis. One just showed every portrait of a child, and the other every portrait of King Philip and King Charles I! GAH! It was torture.

Tomorrow is a study day! Woo! I am going to actually have to shut off my internet and WORK! That isn’t any fun! :) Less than two weeks now!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you had a somewhat interesting lecture this morning...sorry about your presentations. I hate when people take way too long! And thanks for skyping, it was great!!!!

    ReplyDelete